Friday, June 25, 2010

23 plus 1 Last Post

Today reinforced the problem with looking at and signing up in a variety of new sites. Spam was sent from this "Hot Mail account to everyone in my address book and the best I could trace it to was this blog. I don't like to be compromised and feel as though so strange thing has happened to my laptop that I can't control.

I feel the experience with Web 2.0 allowed me access to many interesting and useful sites but did not teach me what the proper usage or the how to use part for these sites. I probably will not have a blog of my own unless I really feel I have something valuable to share. In the educational setting with Middle School I think it would be hard to get the time or the access for 125-150 students to use many of the tools we explored.

Part of the problem I experienced was lack of guidance and answers to some of my questions. To me this was a very new experience and I needed more hands-on instruction. I also found many sites were not working properly or were outdated and not updated or corrected.

When I did get feedback from the other class members I found it helpful and I enjoyed reading their postings. I hope to use some of the many new things I did explore in the class.

3 comments:

  1. Tanya,
    I too have had trouble with my lap top recently I have signed up new accounts. I think I will try to return to some and end my subscription if possible. I also do not plan to blog unless I participate in a grade level contact group with our district.

    ReplyDelete
  2. matvalleyki,
    I am frustrated with the junk mail being sent from my e-mail, supposedly by me but of course some hacker has gotten in to my address book and what a mess! I wish I could track where it came from but I know better than to sign up for things on the Web. I do love the possiblilty of having students SKYPE with their military relatives and perhaps having a sister class in Japan or some far away place. Security would have to be better for me to do this in our district.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on finishing--It sounds like we all had similar frustrations. I also do not see myself having a blog but if I did, I would like one with more flow. I did not like having to open and go back to see each comment. I would like for them to just be printed under the regular post. I couldn't remember which posts I had read so I found myself rereading them.

    ReplyDelete