Saturday, June 12, 2010

Week 8, Lesson 18,19,19A

In this lesson we explored setting up a library reading list and posting some of our favorite reads. I found many people that shared similar tastes in books as I have. It also connected with several book reviews and new comments from others. A good site and very interesting. Below is my URL for the list. I also registered using the name tjobrien the site was Library Thing. www.librarything.com/catalog/tjobrien/yourlibrary This is the library URL.
The next site I investigated was Alaska Digital Pipeline which opens up all sort of availability to kids sites, publications like Science, Smithsonian and New Yorker Book Reviews as well as podcasts and other media. I also signed up on this site but I think I was previously listed as I had used it when teaching for research and homework help for my students. Although I am retired I could see incorporating this site for a 7th grade project on articles relating to Safety and Security on the internet.

2 comments:

  1. This is great! I was actually able to open your site and look at your book list. Thanks for sharing. I will keep this for future reference for good books to read as I have read some from your list and have enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see where you have The Defector by Silva listed on your library site. Can I borrow it? or was it a library book?

    ReplyDelete